Making a doily

The last couple days I have been working on a doily for a friend's bridal shower. I finished the doily on Thursday after lots of taking out and redoing  :-)
I will admit that making doily's takes a lot of patience and the ability to read a pattern correctly... which I am slowly learning :-)
One thing I learned about reading patterns is that it is a good idea to get the correct gauge before you start your project.
I usually skip the gauging part, but I learned the hard way last time I made a doily that it does help if your doily does turn out the size it is supposed too:-)
So this time I figured out my gauge and found that I needed a crochet hook 7 times bigger than the pattern called for!   I have always had a problem with my projects coming out smaller than they were supposed to so I guess I now know why :-)

Blocking the finished doily


Blessings,
~Rachel


1 comment:

  1. Simply put: Absolutely lovely! Excellent job :-) I know what you mean about patterns...

    ReplyDelete