Wedding Flowers and Samplers


Last Friday Mom, my older sister, Heather,  and I were busy making bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages!  Some very dear friends of ours were getting married on Saturday and Mom offered that we could do the flowers for the wedding.


Early Friday morning Mom and I went out to different stores to find the flowers for the wedding. It was pretty stressful trying to find all the flowers we needed but the Lord graciously answered our prayers and we brought home a 5 gallon bucket full of flowers plus a dozen roses that could not fit in it :-)
I thought we would have too many flowers, but at the end of the day we had just enough flowers to make a beautiful cake topper as well!
Mom arranged the bouquets and Heather and I taped the flowers. It was so much fun working together :-)
After we made the two bouquets we made five boutonnieres and five corsages. Unfortunately I did not get pictures of them but they turned out so pretty too!

The flowers before being arranged
Dozens of roses :-)
 
So stunning!

The bride's bouquet
The matron of honor's bouquet
The bouquets at the wedding; "just a few more minutes of making sure nothing happens to them" :-)
The beautiful cake that our pastor's wife made


Last week I worked on this cross stitch sampler as a gift for the new couple. I really like how simple yet pretty the design is. It was so quick to make and I was able to frame it very easily. Yeah!




Blessings,
~Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Rachel! The sampler is so pretty! And the bouquets were so very lovely! You, Heather and your mom did a wonderful job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's stunning -- they're beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures....I so like them!

    And, I agree with Rosie, the sample is very pretty as well :) Great job!

    --Bethany

    ReplyDelete